Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello Web 2.0

I just like the title to call my first post on Web 2.0. (It reminds me of the countless hello world examples)

I was recently asked to prepare a presentation on a subject of  Web 2.0 to my fellow colleague in a month time. As I was researching on this subject, I can't help but to get lost in this world of Web 2.0. There so many interpretations of what is Web 2.0, and some even say it does not exist or a hype.

Actually no one coined the term web 1.0 prior to web 2.0.
So the story goes like, once upon a time there was just the Internet as it is/was or we call it the arrival of Internet.(Now the IT community refers it as Web 1.0)
Web 2.0 essentially is second revolution or next phase of internet world, which is happening now.

In my opinion web 2.0 should encompase the following:-
  • User or community involvements. (allow participation and content creation)
  • Real time (or near realtime web interaction)
  • Service Focus ( Web apps is build following Service Oriented Architecture)
  • Network effect ( which include enabling techniques like AJAX & cloud computing)

I will stop here for now on the brief glance at web 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment